Product Management Specialist, CST I Juba (178580) in World Food Programme Juba, Central Equatoria, South Sudan
Website World Food Programme
This job listing is about World Food Programme in Juba, Central Equatoria, South Sudan 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Job Listing Detail
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT JR 178580
JOB TITLE: Product Management Specialist
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Regular consultancy, Level I
UNIT/DIVISION: TEC Unit
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Juba, South Sudan
DURATION: 11 months
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The WFP South Sudan (SSD) TEC Unit is undergoing changes as a result of the corporate TEC strategy that promotes innovation and digital transformation as the main pillars to reach the organizational objectives and concur to the SDGs and involved in projects and programmes to modernize and optimize the infrastructure and the applications.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the TEC Unit of WFP SSD, the incumbent will be engaged in coordinating activities within the TEC teams, WFP SSD business units and other partners for the implementation of “WFP SSD Intranet Revamp” Project. S(he) will coordinate the support to be given to users from the adoption phase to the continuous service improvement of the final products. The incumbent will also be involved in initiatives aiming at improving workflows, trainings and support models and will manage all relations with business units of WFP SSD as the main interface for the implementation of the Project.
To provide technical expertise in the development of efficient and innovative integrated IT solutions meeting WFP’s business needs and standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Product Management Specialist (PM) – “multipurpose” position with overall responsibilities for leading the implementation of the Project, oversight and administration of the content published on the portal and with adequate knowledge of data analysis and dashboards implementation (based on Tableau)
- The custodian of the grand vision of the product, the PM is also responsible for maximizing the value of the solution by understanding business and user needs and prioritizing the work to be done by the team
- PM will ensure that the new portal itself, as well as all hosted business applications, have gone through HQ approved development and roll-out procedures (GLASS registrations, compliance with FSDN framework, DAB, Architecture Board and TECI (Cyber-Security) revisions, backup and Disaster Recovery requirements, etc.)
- Prepare high-level effort estimations for the hosting and support of future IT solutions / applications / platforms requested by WFP SSD business units
- In coordination with the Development Team Leader and Head of TEC Unit, oversee and coordinate activities carried out by the different team members on the different products to make sure there is alignment in the approach and that internal communication within the team is continuously maintained
- Ensure the new portal provides an opportunity to visualize and graphically present various dashboards with all the data that has been already collected by WFP SSD units and FOs/SOs, using standard Tableau platform. Specific needs and requirements will be determined upon PM’s discussions and consultations with corresponding HoUs and HoFOs
- Ensure implementation of the “WFP SSD Intranet Revamp” Project is following Agile methodology, adopted by WFP as the standard in application development
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES CONTINUED
- Prepare and agree with business units proper RACI matrixes to outline detailed responsibilities and accountabilities of all concerned parties per hosted application, including but not limited to content ownership and regular updates, applications’ management and support, etc.
- Present and market the product support and adoption model and concept for its application to a variety of business cases and projects
- Guide the team in understanding new solutions and acquiring the necessary technical knowledge to support them, following the product support model and in line with the customer excellence principles
- Lead the automation workstream in the team, so to evaluate and provide the business with proper solutions, considering the different scenarios and needs
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES CONTINUED
- Report on a weekly basis on product support and adoption tasks and activities
- Report issues for escalation when required and address critical aspects and identify opportunities for the product support model
- Lead the continuous improvement for the platform by identifying the opportunities for growth and the release of more advanced features
- Prepare and update documentation, reports and presentations, when required
- Other relevant duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University Degree and/or training with emphasis on Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, Programming languages and techniques, Web services and interfaces, or equivalent work experience.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language.
Experience: At least 3 years of proven practical hands-on experience on various projects and knowledge in supporting and maintaining production applications and enterprise IT services in WFP and/or other humanitarian organisations.
- Basic understanding of Agile, Lean and/or ITIL4 methodologies, Demand and Architecture Boards requirements, IT solutions’ release processes
- Data collection and analysis, stakeholders’ coordination, disaster preparedness experience and/or involvement in emergency response operation(s)
- Adequate knowledge of WFP internal structure and interoperability between various units and departments
- Experience of working with Tableau platform and management of the Tableau environment. A Tableau Certification is a plus.
- Understanding of information systems, information management practices and procedures to document business processes that meet business requirements
- Ability to collect user feedback and translate it into opportunities for continuing services improvement (CSI)
- Analyse business requirements for adherence to objectives and for consistency, challenging and prioritizing as appropriate
- Good experience with IT tools (office suites and the Internet in general)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging, team-oriented, collaborative environment, and good customer service orientation
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills. Self-motivated and directed, able to work effectively with little or no guidance
- Keen attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment, self-motivated and proactive, able to work effectively with little or no guidance.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT
- Project implementation is in line with agreed and approved timeframes; new intranet portal’s Minimum Viable Product is in production in accordance with conditions and functionality outlined in “WFP SSD Intranet Revamp” Project approved Business Case
- Incoming requests from business units are all addressed and supported; troubleshooting and incidents fixing processes are in place
- Final products (the portal and locally hosted applications) went through all required approval stages of application release process set by WFP TEC and adheres to Cyber-Security rules and regulations
- Take preventive actions to prevent or minimize data governance issues and or technical problems
- Ensure high availability and management of applications and services hosted in the portal
- Ensure operational 2nd and 3rd level application support is provided, aiming at service excellence and efficiencies.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
9th December 2022
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Company: World Food Programme
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Juba, Central Equatoria, South Sudan
Application Deadline: N/A