Website World Health Organization
This job listing is about World Health Organization in Dnipro Raion, Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme (The Programme) is to build the capacity of Member States to manage health emergency risks and, when national capacities are overwhelmed,to lead and coordinate the international health response to contain outbreaks and to provide effective relief and recovery to affected populations.
Description Of Duties
- Receive, inspect and assess quality,quantity and safety of all incoming consignments of medicines and equipments,and verify against the purchase orders. 2.Conduct the clearance and make necessary arrangements for proper storage (including bar coding) of drugs and medical supplies and equipment according to standard operating procedures (SOPs). 3.Notify supervisors and prepare reports for goods delivered in a damaged condition or wrong quantities for initiating insurance claims or return of items.4.Maintain records and monitor receiving reports and delivery notes of medical supplies and equipment, including documents of local and global purchase orders. 5.Maintain regular contacts with clearing and forwarding agents, customs, UN Agencies, NGOs and Government authorities 6. Participatein the timely delivery and distribution of medical supplies and equipment to Ministry of Health, clinics and other public health centers as well as WRO,based on the received requests and ensure appropriate receipts are received. 7.Participate in periodical physical inspection of items in stock and give input for disposal of obsolete and old items. Prepare monthly report with stock positions expiry dates and the arrival of new stock. 8.In collaboration with the logistics and procurement assistant, follow up with concerned parties for the receipt of deliverables and finalization of payments.9.Brief other storekeepers on drugs storage SOPs. 10.Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Essential: Completion of secondary education supplemented by logistical training.
Essential: At least 2 years of progressive experience in the area of logistics
Desirable: Relevant experience in WHO or another UN agency is an asset.
The incumbent keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structureGood filing and organizational skills Demonstrated time and stress management skills.Good knowledge of WHO rules, manuals,practices/procedures and routines is an asset.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Intermediate knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Ukranian or Russian.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at USD 13,669 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accreditedecognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days)
Dec 1, 2022, 10:01:00 AM
Dec 16, 2022, 9:59:00 AM
Ukraine-Odessa, Ukraine-Lviv, Ukraine-Poltava, Ukraine-Dnipropetrovsk
EU_UKR WHO Country Office, Ukraine
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Company: World Health Organization
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dnipro Raion, Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
Application Deadline: N/A