Risk and Compliance Coordinator in World Vision Herat, Herat Province, Afghanistan
Website World Vision
This job listing is about World Vision in Herat, Herat Province, Afghanistan 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
- Conduct quarterly physical inventories and reconciliation with inventory records for all warehouses.
- Conduct regular risk-based compliance spot checks
- Prepare comprehensive reports on the status of compliance to internal controls, key oversight themes, and use risk information (e.g. risk indicators, incidents) to highlight areas out of risk appetite and formulate sound recommendations on required actions in areas of risk & compliance vulnerability.
- Proactively contribute to ideas on the enhancement of adequate internal control systems with clear
- Support the NO Risk and Compliance Advisor in ensuring that risk assessment is embedded in planning and decision-making by assisting in the development and monitoring of key risk appetite metrics and risk indicators and regular updating of risk registers, including progress towards implementing the risk mitigation actions
- Build the capacity of WVA teams and partners by raising awareness of and skills in risk management to strengthen the culture of integrity and accountability; provide advice and support to staff on matters related to internal controls, risk management, and fraud risk management.
- Identify lessons learned and root cause(s) of recurring systemic issuesisks; prepare recommendations on significant matters requiring management action or intervention or changes to policies/procedures
- Work closely with the Risk & Compliance Advisor in planning, conducting, reporting and follow-up assignments on time, to a high standard, and within budget
- Facilitate periodic and ad-hoc internal control reviews or fact-finding reviews/spot checks of functional areas and offices to identify the key risks and opportunities to the operation and design appropriate risk responses; facilitate, monitor and report on the implementation of agreed responses.
- Analyze and follow up the implementation status of recommendations raised during internal control reviews and oversight missions from global internal audit and external audits,
- Promote and disseminate policies, guidance, good practices, and lessons learnt related to the operation’s internal controls and risk management.
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an audit/compliance role, preferably in the NGO sector or a professional audit firm
Required Education, Training, License, Registration, And Certification
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Audit or other relevant field such as Finance, Business Management, Project Management or a related field.
- Professional qualification in accountancy or audit and/or risk management
Preferred Knowledge And Qualifications
- strong experience of conducting risk-based reviews of systems and processes, identifying weaknesses and areas of improvements with minimum supervision and support
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant legislative frameworks in Afghanistan; and grant requirements of major donors such as USAID, EC/ECHO
- be highly accurate, detail-orientated, and able to complete multiple projects, with conflicting priorities, on a timely basis
- have a strong orientation for results, with the ability to challenge existing mind sets
- be willing to undertake high amount of travel and work with minimum supervision under difficult conditions;
- have a strong cultural awareness and be able to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- be able to demonstrate standards of ethics and integrity
- Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
Accessibility to the below-mentioned areas/locations is required: Herat, Badghis, Ghor, and Faryab Provinces. Physical Requirements
Should be physically fit and able travel in the field and some time on foot for a long distance.
English and Dari/Pashto
Applicant Types Accepted
Local and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted
Company: World Vision
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Herat, Herat Province, Afghanistan
Application Deadline: N/A