Website Yunex Traffic
This listing is about Yunex Traffic in Lowton Common, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Yunex traffic are looking to employ an experienced traffic signal operative to join it’s large and successful team in the Northwest of England. The role will support the delivery of various LED upgrade programmes across Liverpool City Region, Cheshire West & Chester and Warrington.
The successful candidates will supervise, mentor and coach their small 2 -3 person team to ensure works are delivered on time, on budget and to the required standards. We welcome candidates from a Traffic Signal Maintenance background who may be looking for a new challenge, or those currently working as Traffic Signal Installers who wish to step up and progress their career with one of the country’s’ largest and most well known Traffic Signal businesses. Alongside the LED upgrade projects there will also be opportunity to work on large capital works schemes.
The Role – Your Responsibilities And Tasks
- Work as part of a small team under the control of a Technical supervisor and field Manager, delivering Traffic Signal LED retro-fit works
- Lead, support, coach and mentor your small team
- Co-ordinate with Sub Contractors where Traffic Management and Civils support is utilised
- Take part in product training relating to the Yunex LED retrofit solution
- Complete mandatory training relating to the National Highways Sector Scheme Sector 8 (NHSS8)
- Be able and willing to work as part of a small, responsive, reactive, and self-sufficient team
- Maintain a positive, respectful and ‘can do’ attitude at all times
- Be able to problem solve and adapt to change at short notice
- Be willing to support capital works projects should workload demands require this
- Deliver works in a manner that ensures quality standards and project timescales are met
- Complete minor mods to controller cabling to support the solution
- Complete basic electrical testing
- Complete works on multiple sites per day, delivering a similar solution at each
- Work weekends and evenings when the project programme requires it
- Liaise with customers and be an ambassador for Yunex
- Adhere to Company health and safety procedures, including implementing safe systems of work & reporting unsafe conditions
- Any other duties reasonably requested within the skills required for the role, including supporting other teams within the region where this may be required
Competencies – Your Current Skills And Qualifications
- Able to work outside, in all weather conditions
- Be a practical thinker
- Be confident and willing to manage a 1-2 person team
- Willing to work at height from ladders and occasionally from a MEWP
- Knowledge of Traffic Management requirements
- Experience of working alongside sub-contractors
- Full Driving Licence
- Experience of working within the traffic signals industry (Previously in Maintenance, Installation or Technical Support role)
- Electrical qualifications (18th Edition, Apprenticeship, recognised industry training, etc)
- Knowledge of Siemens controllers and equipment
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Company: Yunex Traffic
Job Location: Lowton Common, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org