Website Yunex Traffic
This listing is about Yunex Traffic in Lowton Common, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Yunex Traffic are looking to employ an electrically biased operative to join it’s large and successful team in the Northwest of England. The role will support the delivery of Traffic Signal LED upgrade programmes across all of our North West customer base, including Liverpool City Region, Cheshire West & Chester and Warrington.
We welcome candidates at all stages of their career and in all cases we will support you in the completion of an NVQ level 2 or 3 in Servicing Highway Electrical Systems. So, whether you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, or are someone wishing to start their career journey with one of the country’s’ largest and most well known Traffic Signal businesses, this oppertunuity may be for you.
The Role – Your Responsibilities And Tasks
- Work as part of a small team under the control of Lead Installation Engineer completing LED retrofit works to Traffic Signal heads and Controllers
- Take part in product training relating to the Yunex LED retrofit solution
- Complete mandatory training relating to the National Highways Sector Scheme Sector 8 (NHSS8)
- Be able and willing to work as part of a small, responsive, reactive, and self-sufficient team
- Maintain a positive, respectful and ‘can do’ attitude at all times
- Be willing to learn and develop your skill set throughout the life of the project
- Deliver works to ensure quality standards and project timescales are met
- Complete works on multiple sites per day, delivering a similar solution at each
- Work weekends and evenings when the project programme requires it
- Adhere to Company health and safety procedures, including implementing safe systems of work & reporting unsafe conditions
- Any other duties reasonably requested within the skills required for the role, including supporting other teams within the region where this may be required
Competencies – Your Current Skills And Qualifications
- Able to work outside, in all weather conditions
- Be a practical thinker
- Willing to work at height from ladders and occasionally from a MEWP
- Knowledge of Traffic Management (Not essential as full training will be given)
- Familiar with the use of hand tools including screw drivers, hacksaws and cable cutting tools
- Experience of working within an electrical industry, for example; Domestic, Commercial or Industrial electrician (any level), or completion of an Electrical apprenticeship.
- Electrical qualifications (completion of, or working towards 18th Edition wiring regs, NVQ in relevant industry, apprenticeship, etc)
- Full Driving Licence
- Experience of working within the traffic signals industry (Desirable, but not essential)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK’s largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Company: Yunex Traffic
Job Location: Lowton Common, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com